Monday, October 16, 2006

Confessions of a movie junkie

Yes... I realized that I'm a huge movie junkie. I've also decided that it isn't an ENTIRELY evil thing, and so I should stop treating it as such. Instead, I will take what John Wiersma talked about addictions this summer to heart and take proper action towards controlling my amazingly easily addicted person.

The first thing that I'm doing with it is practicing my writing skills in a movie review blog. You can glance at it to see the type of movies I'm watching, and reprimand me if you think that I probably shouldn't be watching such films. In my defence, I generally try to avoid the films with mindless violence, sex and debauchery. If the film that I view has that in it, it was because I wasn't entirely expecting it and I seek other things to glean from that particular film.

The other thing that I've decided is to try and discipline this habit (that became somewhat unmanageable last year. Those of you that know me from Toronto C4C know that I can quote many a movie line. Most of that knowledge is from the summer of 2005, although it continues to expand every month.) No more than three movies a month is my limit. I've already watched two, so after one more, I cease til next month. Not only will that relieve the stress on my wallet, but it will also ensure that I use it as a reward for completing work instead of as an unhealthy escape from reality.

That's all for now. If anyone else has any suggestions on how to refine the above, I'm wide open to suggestions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home