Saturday, October 07, 2006

The value of solid Christian counsel

Just tonight, I poured out to someone something that's been on my heart and head for awhile. To preserve the sanctity of privacy all names will be preserved and no particulars will be revaled. Besides which it would kill me more than anyone else if this information got out.

But that's not what's important. This person gave me some seriously solid Godly advice and I SERIOUSLY appreciated it. I very rarely get a chance to talk with anyone deeply about anything, and this made me glad that I have people to talk to on a serious level, deeper than the surface of things.

What would I do without people from campus for christ? I have yet to solidly build any connections at my church (I actually haven't been for a week, and I'm going to have to miss the main service that I go to this week as well). What can I say, that one week sojourn away from the Christian bubble that I chronicled about at the beginning of September 2006 continually makes me realize how much more inspiring and awesome good Christian fellowship, conversation and discipleship really is. I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home