Friday, October 13, 2006

Weirdest thing

I decided to get off the bus early and walk home, from Bathurst and Steeles. Figured it should take about 30 minutes, and it would give me a perfect time to walk and pray. But I was praying (thoughts wondering but always snapping back to where they were supposed to be) when i realized I'd been walking for thirty minutes and I had no idea where in the world I was. I sort of knew, but not really, I walked for another 5 minutes, totally distracted from praying now and walk out to the first major street and find myself on Bathurst when I should have found myself on Yonge.

CLEARLY i had gotten all turned around and walked back in the direction from whence I came. Clearly the champagne and wine I had earlier that night (plus not really concentrating on where I was going) seriously affected my judgment.

In the end, what should have been a 30 minute prayer walk ended up being an hour long prayer walk. It was excellent. I finally realized that spending time with God was not something that was just "another thing to do" but the only REAL thing to do. Everything else (schoolwork, work, and yes, even C4C Ministry things) was a "thing to do" but not spending time with God.

Also, a discussion that I had earlier with a friend of mine became all the more focused in my head. She asked me two questions that really got me thinking... and I decided to pray over those two questions and think about them some more. Although I could sincerely answer yes to the first question, I could not answer yes to the second, and so am forced to back down from a certain proposition that has been rolling around in my head. Some of you may know of what I speak. That still doesn't deal with the emotions, but I'm sure that those will be addressed in just as timely a fashion. And who knows.... maybe the answer to question two might become yes? But that's speculation and for those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, its just gibberish.

I also realized how much I appreciate and enjoy cold weather. I LOVE it. Walking around in North York with just the bare minimum of bundles (thin sweater, leather jacket, scarf) spending some SERIOUS alone time with God and enjoying the dark cool night is something that I don't get too often. I think I need to make a point of doing this more often.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brad Stewart said...

Is this that thing that you and I talked briefly about in the bath house at summit?

9:21 a.m.  
Blogger Jonathan P said...

That's it exactly.

12:54 p.m.  
Blogger jelibeenz said...

whee! I love cold weather too, especially if it's windy :P

9:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home