Monday, May 07, 2007

Reflections of the past

Today I sat down to write in my journal. As I was flipping through it, I was amused at one thing that I wrote in particular. I quote:

"Get this, it's a CD... and you can copy CDs onto tape! Isn't that cool?"

I now think about that and wonder why I would have ever WANTED to copy my CDs onto a tape..... this was written in March of 2000.... man was I way behind the times >_>

But that's not the reason that I sat down to write this. I flipped through, and then came across the first empty page. I looked at the entry before... and it was April 29, 2000. I was stunned. I couldn't believe that I hadn't written in my journal in over seven years. It led me to think about what had actually happened in my life over the past seven years... and it was very interesting to reflect on. Sobering in one sense in that I'm not sure I could say I did much to impact eternity, but amazing in another to see how far I have come from that young age of 14.

I began writing about these reflections because I figured it was necessary... the real reason for writing in the journal would have to wait. After thinking about what I had learned, and writing a few pages, I turned the page to continue writing... and lo and behold... it turns out that those two empty pages were just that... two empty pages... two pages that i had inexplicably skipped as I was writing about my life. So sandwhiched in between the April 29, 2000 entry and the June 1, 2000 (I don't actually write in my journal much ok >_>) is an entry from May 7, 2007.

The reason I blog about this however is not to just say that this occurred. I got to thinking about all the things that I realized I had learned about myself that I had forgotten that I had learned about myself (it's always fun writing such convoluted sentences like that.). I wonder if everyone were to do this at some point and just think back to the past ten years of their life (for me... that's half my life >_> Makes me feel young again to think that :D) what they would realize about themselves that they had forgotten and what they would understand about themselves after looking at past experiences with the wisdom of their current years.

I will end with the quote that I finished off on my journal entry.

"I will ground my self-worth in my identity with Christ. I will value my life by what I do for Christ and what God thinks of me and not who I know (other than our Father through Christ Jesus) or what people think of me. May the LORD be praised forever."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home