Sunday, April 15, 2007

Random dribble

It's 5:45 AM and before I started in on working on my assignment (I kid you not, I woke up because I had the worst cotton mouth ever and can't get back to sleep) I decided that I should post something here.

Something I've been thinking about recently is relationships and how one needs to approach them. Does one do backflips and jump through hoops to impress the girl (or guy) that one likes? Do you write fancy love poems, woo them with your amazing guitar playing skills (apparently this gets a lot of women's pleasure senses going ... no that's not why I'm teaching myself how to play guitar... *shifty eyes*), and do everything possible to make yourself look like the ideal man that she (or ideal woman that he) is looking for?

Although there is something to be said for putting your best face (foot, self, whatever) forward, I think that the emphasis should be on putting YOUR best face (foot, self, whatever) forward and that you shouldn't be pretending to be somebody that you're not. Think about it; if said female (male) falls for you because of said actions that do not actually represent you, once said female (male) finds out that this is not really who you are, where is the relationship going? Nowhere... quite fast.

What does this add up to? I'm not sure. I'm just trying to figure out what my "A" game is... because apparently the girl that I have fallen head over heels over also has many other admirers. Does this mean that I should do my best to surpass all the others by doing things that I don't usually do as a person? Perhaps.... but I also need to make sure that those things are really ME, and not someone else. I've resolved that if she likes me in return, it's going to be because she decides she really likes who I am - me, Jonathan Park. If she doesn't actually like me in quite that way... well I'll go sit in a corner, feel all emotional for a little bit, then I'll come out and be all right. I swear :P

The next two months are going to be an adventure. A HUGE adventure. It's going to be risky, it's going to be difficult, and at the end, it's going to be "one" of the hardest things that I'm ever going to have to do in my life. But I'm GOING to do it. And it's going to be painful >_>

1 Comments:

Blogger I love yellow said...

Jon- I think you are right about being yourself...I mean I don't think it's wrong to try and impress her a little but because she needs to know you are interested. However, I think the big mistake people always make is just that try to be someone they are not. I have to say with Brad and I it kinda just happened. I mean I think I tried to do some things to let him know that I cared about him but we got to know each other as friends and then it was like the obvious next step or something. So I guess my advice is, if you are not already friends with her, try to be...oh and also pray lots...that always always helps!

7:50 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home