Monday, May 07, 2007

Things to be thankful for

I should be sleeping, so I'm going to make this brief.

I am truly thankful for late night walks, for cellphones, for friends who care, for wisdom born of experience, for life, for random thoughts, and ABSOLUTELY most of all for the God that is glorified through all these things as they are worked out in my life for the strengthening of the hope in the glory of God that rests within me which leads the magnification of God's glory exuding from within me. Truly, the LORD is to be praised for all things.

He is to be praised in times of jubilant joy.
He is to be praised in times of downtrodden depression.
He is to be praised in times of exhilarating excitement.
He is to be praised in times of silent seclusion; in times of fantastic fellowship.

(Sorry for the alliteration... I was writing the other day and was getting frustrated because I was unable to recreate the picture in my mind with words. And though a picture is worth a thousand words... it's just as much worth the time and energy to put those thousand words down on to a piece of paper - or conversely into tiny little bits and bytes that are a Microsoft Office document - in order that others may exercise their imaginations, however extensive or non-existant it may be, and be able to share in the images and roiling thoughts within one's mind. Hopefully, the goal of the author is to impart some truth or personal experience such that it does not seem like the airing of dirty laundry, but a truth or experience that everyone can identify with and feel the soul behind the story. Presumably, a well written story should contain a part of the writer himself; it is this part of the writer trapped within the story that is what makes the story truly alive.)

Wow that was a long aside. I feel like I'm going back to my roots of random ramblings.

There is more to be written, less to be made known. With that cryptic statement, I leave thee to thy devices.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home