Saturday, July 21, 2007

Children

I have children. Some of them are really good and I love having them around... while others do nothing but torment and annoy me. Sometimes I can call them my friends, but many times I must but call them my worst enemies. They like to run around and whisper deep secrets into the ears of those around me, revealing things that I wished they wouldn't.

These children of mine have a terrible tendency to control my life. Even though I try to say no, they eventually whine and annoy me until they've manipulated me into doing things that I normally would never even dream of doing. In certain states, I find that I cannot resist what they are telling me to do.

And yet, if they can be controlled, and disciplined, they will be of extreme service to me; giving me strength where I would be lacking; pushing me onwards when I feel like giving up; and reminding me of the great hope that I have in Jesus Christ. But they don't. Like untrained dogs, they dirty up my house, and drive me to the brink of despair.

And yet one can't just throw them out, especially because of the potential that they have to make you the better person that you should be... but more often than not, driving you to be the worst person that you could ever dream of being. These dastardly children just won't leave me alone. What am I to do?

Someitmes, I even despair that God can help me, for I pray over and over again that I might be able to regain control over these unruly children, but the end doesn't seem to be in sight. What am I to do?

My faith trembles... like fingers grasping the edge of a cliff... about to give way... and yet I must not else I plummet to the bottom of the crevice and be dashed on the rocks below.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and be faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Do you not know, have you not heard, the Lord is the everlasting God.
He will take care of the troubles of all his children.
And remember, you act like your own children oftentimes... grieving the Father.
For you are the only one in control of your decisions. You are the one that decides how to react in the fact of uncontrollable circumstances. The LORD gives you strength to tell those children to behave, and they must behave.

If you can LORD......

I believe..... help my unbelief

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home