Monday, July 17, 2006

So I was up....

And I got bored. So here I am writing.

I don't know how many of you that will eventually read this have ever tried to write creatively, but I just remembered how hard it actually is after trying to start up after a very long hiatus. I remember I used to write stories just by looking at random objects and then coming up with plot lines later. Then I tried a new style of writing where even I did not know where the story was going to end up. A word of advice. Unless you're incredibly motivated, don't do that shit. It doesn't work, and you just get so confused you never finish what you started. At least I don't.

What I find usually works best if I know who my characters are and what their problem is. From there, everything comes easy, but up to that point, I have a hard time focusing my story on anything. You should see my computer back at home. I have at least 6 or 7 unfinished stories. My goal is to finish at least two of them in short story format when I get home in August but before I start school and get too busy to start doing other things.

I can't think of anything else to say, so good night.

On an aside, I noticed that the time that blogger says that I'm posting these thigns is WAY off... it is actually 12:40 AM on July 17 of 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home